Department Head of Health Sciences.
“I want our department to be more recognized outside of JMU as a leader in health sciences education and research statewide, nationally and beyond if possible.”
Our Department Offers the Following Academic Programs
News See All
October 30, 2014
During October 2014, six teams of dietetic students for NUTR 482, Nutrition and Metabolism presented and displayed research posters covering a variety of topics pertaining to metabolism.
October 23, 2014
In celebration of Physician Assistant Week 2014, the JMU Physician Assistant (PA) Program hosted a presentation by Andrew Morris-Singer, MD on Wednesday, October 8, 2014.
October 2, 2014
In May, a combined group of athletic training and sport and recreation management students ventured to Ireland to participate in the Sport Management, Medicine and Culture program.
October 2, 2014
In honor of National Physician Assistant Week, the Physician Assistant Program and Physician Assistant Student Society (PASS) are hosting a variety of activities October 6-11.
September 25, 2014
A group of faculty came together to study the question: How does alcohol affect the university as a whole? The result was the Here to Help program.
- How to declare a Health Sciences Major
- Health Sciences has BLACKOUT dates of September 15th and February 15th. You must be declared by September 15th to add HTH courses in the following Spring semester and by February 15th for the following Fall semester. There are NO exceptions.
- JMU Prediabetes Research Study
- November 24-28 Thanksgiving holiday
- December 8-12 Final examinations
- December 13 Commencement begins at 10 a.m. in the Convocation Center.
Welcome from Health Sciences
Health is one of the most important disciplines in today’s world. Given the current and future global demand for well trained and passionate health professionals, now is an ideal time to study in our department. We urge you to learn about our programs to see where your future ambitions fit. More >