Admission to the Program
The program accepts one group of 30 students each year. They begin classes in the fall semester. Students are selected through a competitive process that includes two separate applications and admission processes - one to the Graduate School, the second to the PA Program through CASPA. Candidates must complete both applications in order to be considered.
Pre-application advising may be obtained as follows:
- For general information about the program and the application process read this website thoroughly or contact the PA Program for a written brochure.
- If you are currently a JMU student or live close to the university, attend an information session. Times and dates
- After familiarizing yourself with the general information, if you have questions specific to your own situation contact the PA Program for an in-person or telephone appointment.
Contact the PA Program at:
James Madison University
Physician Assistant Program
Dept. of Health Sciences,
801Carrier Drive, MSC 4301
Health and Human Services Building, Rm. 3100
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Information about the elements of the application and admission process can be found at:
- 2013 Information Session Schedule
- May 27 - University Closed
- July 4 - University Closed
- August 26 - First Day Classes
Welcome from Health Sciences
Welcome to the Department of Health Sciences! The department is home to 39 full-time faculty members and over 1,800 students. Our primary goal is to prepare students for entry into professional programs in various health professions or careers in health sciences or dietetics. More >