Stone Spring Health and Wellness Fair
Students and faculty of James Madison University visited Stone Spring Elementary School to help host the second annual Spring Health and Wellness Fair.
Our Department Offers the Following Academic Programs
News See All
April 22, 2013
First year physician assistant student, Matthew Lassen, was selected for the prestigious Paul Ambrose Scholars Program (PASP). The honor includes a scholarship to attend a four-day leadership symposium in Washington D.C. this summer.
April 22, 2013
The local struggle to decrease rates of teen pregnancy is a daunting task, but at James Madison University, a current student, employee, and community member has taken on the challenge.
Apr 8, 2013
Inside the former Graves Electric building annex on West Grace Street, assistant professor of kinesiology Dr. Tom Moran counts backward from five and shakes a tambourine, stopping a group of preschoolers in their tracks
February 15, 2013
Winding down the golf season last October was the first annual JMU Golf Scramble hosted by the Physician Assistant Student Society (PASS), comprised of JMU physician assistant (PA) students.
- How to declare a Health Sciences Major
- Health Sciences has BLACKOUT dates of September 15th and February 15th. You must be declared by September 15th to add HTH courses in the following Spring semester and by February 15th for the following Fall semester. There are NO exceptions.
- May 27 - University Closed
- July 4 - University Closed
- August 26 - First Day Classes
Welcome from Health Sciences
Welcome to the Department of Health Sciences! The department is home to 39 full-time faculty members and over 1,800 students. Our primary goal is to prepare students for entry into professional programs in various health professions or careers in health sciences or dietetics. More >