Students who have an undergraduate degree and have completed all criteria for admission can apply to the MOT Program. Students must be admitted to the Graduate School before they can be admitted to the MOT program. The deadline for all application materials is January 10.
- All applicants must apply to the James Madison University Graduate School
Applicants must submit:
- Graduate Record Examination scores in Verbal, Quantitative and Writing.
- Documentation verifying a minimum of 40 hours of observation of occupational therapy services. Download Observation Verification form.
- Three reference forms: one from an instructor, one from an employer/volunteer supervisor and one from someone who is not a relative. The reference form is part of the Graduate School application and may be requested when you submit the application. Please do not submit letters.
- Autobiography (1,500 words or less)
- A completed Prerequisite Course Checklist which is included in the Graduate School admission packet.
- All applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0( A = 4.0).
- Applicants must earn a “C” (2.0) grade or better in all prerequisite coursework.
- Applicants may be enrolled in prerequisite coursework during the spring semester prior to the start of occupational therapy program coursework in June.
- With the exception of coursework, applicants must complete all other requirements by January 10. Incomplete application packages will not be considered for admission.
Once accepted into the program all students must demonstrate proficiency and competency in medical terminology by passing a standardized exam after participating in a self-guided tutorial.
- March 10-14
- May 9-10
Welcome from Health Sciences
Welcome to the Department of Health Sciences! The department is home to 39 full-time faculty members and over 1,800 students. Our primary goal is to prepare students for entry into professional programs in various health professions or careers in health sciences or dietetics. More >