Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Goals & Objectives
Through education, service, and scholarship we enhance the health and well-being of individuals and populations.
To be a leader in health sciences education, inspiring students to engage in professional practice, service and scholarship.
- Excellence in all professional responsibilities
- Innovation to advance our professions and develop best practices
- Service to the department, university, our professions and communities
- Collaboration across disciplines to facilitate student learning, provide service and conduct research
- Diversity in faculty, staff, students and viewpoints
- Integrity & Professionalism in all endeavors
- Engagement in learning, community and civic matters
Strategic Goals and Objectives
- Educate future health professionals through engaged learning.
- Provide professional service to the department, college, university and global community.
- Conduct, disseminate and publish research/scholarship in health sciences.
- Contribute to the health and well-being of the JMU community.
- Support the General Education program at JMU.